Monday, September 30, 2013

Cleansing

Happiness lies, first of all, in health."-George William Curtis
As I previously mentioned, I broke my ankle and foot seven weeks ago.  I attempted to execute a pirouette and failed miserably resulting in a Jones Fracture in my foot, a break in my upper ankle, and a seriously painful third degree sprain in that ankle. I was in a boot for a week before I could get into see the Orthopedic surgeon. The doctor then casted my foot for a month and then put me back in a walking boot for another three weeks. During most of this I was unable to drive (it's my right foot) and had to rely completely on my amazing roommate. However, the end is now in sight. I am a week away (hopefully) from getting a clean bill of health.

Immediately after my initial injury

All casted up
I have to say seven weeks of being almost completely stationary in addition to being stressed from starting a new job and trying to get settled after a cross country move is not the easiest thing in the world to do. Especially if you are trying to be healthy. I have lost a lot of muscle tone (not that I even had that much to begin with) and I have been surviving on a horrible diet.

In the last seven days of being stuck in a boot, I decided to try a cleanse in hopes of helping my body adjust to being more healthy and mobile. I have heard about a lot of different cleanses and I have tried a different one previously that made me feel great afterwards, but it required a high-powered blender which I don't yet have in my apartment. Therefore, I was looking for a cleanse that wasn't completely insane, but would still be effective.

Here is the 7 day cleanse I will be doing starting Tuesday:

  • Tuesday: All you can eat fruit, but no bananas. 
  • Wednesday: All you can eat vegetables.
  • Thursday: All you can eat fruits and vegetables.
  • Friday: Up to 8 bananas and 3 glasses of milk.
  • Saturday: 20 oz. of lean beef and 6 whole tomatoes.
  • Sunday: All you can eat lean beef and vegetables.
  • Sunday: All you can eat brown rice and vegetables with pure (no sugar added) fruit juice
In addition to the foods listed above, it is important to drink at least 10 glasses of water every day and abstain from alcohol. You are also allowed to supplement any day with as much of the following recipe for soup as you would like. 

Soup:
  • Water
  • Onions
  • Tomatoes
  • Green Bell Peppers
  • Celery
  • Cabbage
  • Lipton Onion Soup Packets
Clean Eating Shopping List 
I will also be soaking in a tub with epsom salt for at least 15 minutes everyday. Epsom salt is known for  relaxing the body, easing muscle strain, easing sprains, relieving pain, and eliminating toxins.  I personally like Lavender Scented Epsom Salt.

I will let you all know how my cleanse goes! 

Cheers xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, leave a comment!