Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fall Fashion Updates

"Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale."- Lauren DeStefano
It is officially Autumn. Autumn is my favorite season and I am so excited I'm living on the East Coast where fall announces itself with a burst of color. It has been a slow transition into the crisp fall weather, but in a couple weeks the temperatures will be dropping and I cannot wait. 

I am currently going through my closet and decided what I still need to prepare for the season so I thought I'd share my insights with you! 

1. Scarfs

Scarves are such an easy update to stay warm and look fashionable during the transitioning weather. I like to have a wide variety to pair with any outfit. I think the basic must haves for the fall are a printed scarf, an infinity scarf, a knit scarf, and a cashmere scarf. 
A stack of my scarves 
I have a ton of scarves from Nordstrom and I am really liking the following ones for this fall:


I also am a big fan of tartan cashmere scarfs. I have two from here: Cashmere Scarves

2. Shoes

If you know me you know that I am a shoe person. I love particularly love boots which makes Fall my favorite shoes season.

Sampling of my Fall boots. Note my walking boot, tres chic, no?
I think the biggest fall boot must haves are equestrian boots, rain boots, combat boots, and ankle booties.

I also love the over the knee boots and some good ol' fashioned cowboy boots. 

Here are my picks for this season:
Equestrian Boots- These are on my Christmas list in Bordeaux 
Rain Boots- I personally like bright rain boots (mine are bright red) and I love the yellow color too.
Combat Boots- I have these in Cognac and I wore them for 4 months in Europe and they were perfect.
Ankle Boots- I just bough these and they are fabulous. 

My new ankle booties!
I also have transitioned into my Fall heel collection. It is basically full of various black suede heels. 


I am currently advocating cap toe heels, cut out heels, oxford booties, and peep toe booties. 

Here are some options for this season: Cap Toe PumpsCut-Out BootiesOxford BootiesPeep-Toe Booties

3. Chunky Knit Sweaters

There is nothing better than a big comfortable chunky knit sweater paired with leggings and boots. Luckily my office is super casual so I can wear that everyday this fall. 

I'm excited to break into my closets sweater section.
I am currently buying a couple new sweaters for Autumn so here are the ones that caught my eye. 


 
Cable Knit Sweater  and Oversized Boyfriend Sweater and Fisherman Cardigan















Anyways, there are some of my picks for this Autumn. I hope you enjoyed!

Cheers xx

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, leave a comment!