Sunday, July 28, 2013

Italy

"The name of Italy had magic in its very syllables."- Mary Shelley 

Our next stop was the Eternal City- Rome.

 We spent the majority of our time in Rome eating or drinking. I rotated my meals between pizza and pasta, red or white wine, and all the gelato in Rome. The food was absolutely spectacular. I have always been fascinated by ancient Rome so being able to walk through all of the sites I've studied and read about was so incredible.

Lunch, the Colosseum, and the Capitol 
Ruins of Ancient Rome
Rome was also the last place that the four of us experienced together. Sarah had to fly home to start work and Gioia had to go to a wedding in Northern Italy.

Friends! 
Rome did have a downside for me though. My wallet was stolen our second to last night. All I'm saying is the Trevi fountain better grant my wish... it's the least Rome can do for me :)

Making wishes
 We toured Vatican City, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica. I found St. Peter's to be the most beautiful church on our trip. I was worried that I wasn't going to like Rome very much, but despite getting my wallet stolen, I really did enjoy the city.

After Gioia and Sarah left us, Kelsie and I took a train up to Monterosso in Cinque Terre. Cinque Terre was unbelievably gorgeous and a great break from the touring we had been doing. Two days swimming, eating, and wandering the coast was a welcome break from the stresses of traveling.

Italian Riveria 
Soaking it all in 
Waterproof cameras are so fun  
Paddleboarding is hard
This is much more my speed 
Last night in Italy
Italy is gorgeous and I cannot wait to tour Tuscany sometime soon.

Ciao!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, leave a comment!