Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Summer 2015 Beauty and Fashion Update

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous!"-Coco Chanel
 This winter seemed like it lasted forever and spring feels like it lasted for a minute. It already feels like summer here, and I have a feeling we're in for a long and hot season.  Whenever the weather starts changing, I update my closet and my beauty products. Here are the items I am lusting after or have already succumbed to.

Make Up:

Anastasia Contour Palette

I'm on a major contouring kick. Now that it's heating up, I'm looking to achieve a bronzed-Kardashian-esque glow. Say what you will about the sisters, but there is no denying they are contouring experts. I bought the palette last week and I have had a lot of fun blending the 6 colors together trying to find my perfect look. Shop it here!

Stila Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner

This stuff is great. It actually stays where I put it and it draws a great line. I highly recommend this eye liner and it comes in a ton of different shades. Shop it here!

Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes Palette
I've had this for a while and it's my go-to for summer. Its light, shimmery, and understated. Shop it here!



Skincare:
Philosophy Microdelivery Kit
I bought this a few weeks ago and have been using it religiously. It is a two step process with an exfoliating component. Whenever I use it my skin brightens up and feels great. It is chalk full of peptides and vitamin-C which just feels summery to me. Shop it here!

Mario Badescu Facial Spray
Normally I use witch hazel to lock in moisture in my skin, but for the summer I have switched to this aloe and rose water infused spray. It smells great and its a quick and easy way to perk up dull skin and to seal in moisture or set your makeup. My skin is really dry so I can use whatever help I can get. Shop it here!

Cotz Sunscreen
I am really good about applying sunscreen to my face everyday- and a big part of that comes from how much I love Cotz. It feels like a primer, had light coverage, and it had a SPF of 40. This stuff is gold. Shop it here!

Elemis Papaya Peel
This feels nothing like a traditional peel. It honestly feels like a tropical scented lotion, but one you remove it, it uncovers gorgeous glowing skin. Shop it here!



Shoes:

Perfect Nude Heels
The Charles by Charles David 'Pact' Pump is my favorite heel. Specifically, the nude color is on point. They are shockingly comfortable, high but not too high, and the perfect color. They remind me of the 'Pigalle' of Christian Louboutin fame. My biggest dilemma with these shoes is choosing what color to buy next. Shop it here!
Fun Night Out Wedges
I was looking for a cool pair of wedges to wear at night when I stumbled across these babies. I love the laser cut-out detail. They are 5" but you can barely feel them since they are a wedge. They are a lot of fun to wear and dress up. Shop it here!


Go To Summer Sandals
Similar to the Charles David pumps, these Sam Edelman flat sandals are my summer staple. I bought some last year and they are still perfect. They come in a ton of colors and have a solid cushion which makes it possible to walk for miles on a totally flat shoe. Super cute and very functional! Shop it here!





Summer Clothing Essentials:
Silk Tank Tops
I have a few of these. They keep you cool and can be easily transitioned from day to night, work to play. Iris and Ink makes a great choice and they are super on sale right now! Shop it here!


Crochet Bikini
This is my newest addition to my swimsuit collection. I've been into the crochet look for a long time and this summer is the perfect time to take the plunge. The 70's are back baby! Shop it here!


Detailed Shorts
The Loft is my go to for cute shorts. They aren't too short and are always relatively inexpensive and very cute. I just bought a great pair of scalloped shorts that get a ton of compliments. Shop it here!



Maxi Dresses
Maxis have quickly become my favorite summer outfit. I tend to go for backless maxi dresses that I can wear with a blazer at work and then head straight to happy hour at 5:00 in. Since I'm tall, my favorite maxi's come from Tart. The material is really high quality and the cut is very flattering on all of them. Shop it here!
Tart Dress Second From Left
I've got some fun vacations and trips planned for this summer and I am having a lot of fun bulking up my closet and bathroom cabinets! :)
Tart Dress + Sam Edelman Flats


xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, leave a comment!